The 2013 AOA North American Traveling Fellows visited Duke Wednesday and Thursday October 23-24. Their first day’s itinerary included accommodations at the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, a golf outing with Orthopaedic faculty and residents, and a dinner hosted by the department’s faculty, fellows, and chief residents. The following day began with faculty observations in the O.R. led by Drs. Mather, Taylor, and Zura. The last afternoon of the traveling fellows’ visit was held in the amphitheater at Duke South where the fellows, Orthopaedic faculty and Chairman presented a number of topics including Treatment of Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head by Free Vascularized Fibular Graft in 3500 patients (James R. Urbaniak, MD), Surviving the Transition from Volume to Value (Richard C. Mather, M.D.), and Assessing and Improving Physical Performance and Function Following Total Ankle Replacement (Robin M. Queen, PhD).
- John Grant, MD – Saint John Regional Hospital
- Carolyn Hettrich, MD, MPH – University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- Sanjeev Kakar, MD, MRCS – Mayo Clinic
- Eric Strauss, MD – NYU Hospital For Joint Diseases
- Daniel J. Stinner, MD – Vanderbilt Medical Center