I’m recruiting CS Ph.D. students interested in computer vision or/and computational photography with a focus on applying & developing machine learning techniques to solve visual perception problems.
Nianyi Li is an incoming Assistant Professor in the School of Computing at Clemson University. She has worked as a postdoctoral associate in IVLAB with Prof. Jinwei Ye in the Computer Science Department at Louisiana State University (LSU). Before that, she worked in the Carl E Ravin Advanced Imaging Laboratories (RAI Labs) at Duke University as a Postdoc for one and a half years with Prof. Maciej Mazurowski in Radiology Department. She received her Ph.D. Degree in Computer and Information Sciences at the University of Delaware, under the supervision of Prof. Jingyi Yu. She earned a B.E. Degree in Electronic and Information Engineering at Huazhong University of Science and Technology. Her research interests are in machine learning, computer vision, computational photography, and medical image processing.
I am a computational imaging and computer vision researcher who wants to redefine what it means to capture a photograph of a scene and what’s the most important content of a scene. Leveraging new captured dimensions of light and the use of the latest deep learning techniques, my future research will build imaging systems for computer vision and human-computer interaction. I imagine visual computing systems, co-design with machine learning and signal processing can be transformative in our lives.
Postdoctoral Associate May 2019 — July 2021
- Louisana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Image-based Modeling, Human-computer Interaction, and Gaze Pattern Analysis
Postdoctoral Associate Nov 2017 — May 2019
- Duke University, Durham, NC
- Deep Learning, Medical Image Processing, Object Detection & Segmentation, and Gaze-aided Diagnosis
Graduate Research Assistant Sept 2013 — Oct 2017
- University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computational Photography, Object Detection, and Gaze Fixation Prediction
Research Scientist Intern May 2016 — Aug 2016
- Plex-VR, Shanghai, China
- Deep learning, Computational Photography, and Human Gaze Fixation Prediction
Research Scientist Intern July 2015 — Aug 2015
- Honeywell International Inc., Minneapolis, MN
- Computational Photography and Super-resolution Imaging
Undergraduate Research Assistant Jan 2012 — Jun 2013
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
- Computer Vision and Object Detection