Econ 101: Economic Principles

• Status: Completed
  • Description: This course discusses basic microeconomic and macroeconomic concepts with an emphasis on public policy issues and the logic behind the economic way of thinking.
  • GC Relation: When considering potential solutions to improving infrastructure to withstand more extreme weather conditions such as hurricanes, I want to be able to understand the economic-feasibility and impacts of such solutions. In addition, by having a basic economic understanding, I am able to better understand the way reinsurance industries and other related industries think. Therefore, it is helpful to keep what incentivizes businesses in mind when considering potential solutions and problems.
  • Start: 01/13/2016
  • End: 05/04/2016
  • Weekly hours: 8-10
  • Total Hours: 100

Spanish 203: Intermediate Spanish

• Status: Completed
  • Description: This course built upon my Spanish language abilities as well as exposed me further to Spanish speaking cultures.
  • GC Relation: Problems with urban infrastructure isn’t only limited to English-speaking countries or America. Therefore, having the skill set of an additional language is helpful because I can help solve problems in different countries that speak a different language. In addition, by gaining an exposure to various cultures, I am able to better understand how culture may also play a role in structural designs.
  • Start: 08/28/2017
  • End: 12/07/2017
  • Weekly hours: 8-10
  • Total Hours: 100

I&E 352: Innovation & Entrepreneurship

• Status: Completed
  • Description: This course covered component elements of developing skills needed to launch a venture.
  • GC Relation: Many times, to implement a solution, a business or startup is required to carry out the action. Therefore, by having an understanding of how businesses are formed and ran, I can work to come up with ways we can improve urban infrastructure that can be carried out by a business or incentivize a startup to form to carry out the solution. In addition, this class helped me significantly in my eco-friendly rain poncho startup, as I used many of the topics we discussed in forming the business.
  • Start: 01/11/2017
  • End: 5/04/2017
  • Weekly hours: 8-10
  • Total Hours: 100