The first round of Shark Tank applications have been scored, and the 4 chosen teams are getting ready to pitch their ideas!
Join us on Friday, April 3rd for the 1st Annual Shark Tank Pitch!
Come watch 4 Duke-based teams present their mHealth solution to a panel of expert judges, including:
- Gary Bennett, PhD, Director, Duke Digital Health
- Ricky Bloomfield, MD, Director, Mobile Technology Strategy, Duke University Medical Center
- Greg Davis, Fuqua School of Business, Founder & CEO, The MedCelerate Consulting Group
- Bernard Fuemmeler, PhD, Director, mHealth@Duke
- Lavanya Vasuvedan, PhD, Research Scholar, Duke Global Health Institute
Friday, April 3rd 3:30-5:30 in Leman Classroom at Fuqua School of Business
Attendance is free and open to the public – There will be a networking reception! Please register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/duke-shark-tank-tickets-16108646395
This event is co-sponsored by:
Do you have an amazing mHealth idea?
Then we have a competition for you!
Apply for a chance to pitch your idea to Duke mHealth solution experts! The team with the winning pitch will get exclusive access to content experts as well as consulting hours with software engineers and business/startup consultants. There will also be a cash prize of $500.
Read on for rules and regs.
Download the application here: mHealth_Shark-Tank_Application – Applications are due January 28th by 5pm to mHealthatDuke@gmail.com
Goals of the Shark Tank:
- To provide a platform for the Duke community to share innovative ideas in mHealth or digital health
- To give applicants useful feedback on their ideas/solution
- To advance mHealth research and/or practice at Duke
- Network with the Triangle mHealth community and have fun!
To be eligible for this competition you must be a Duke student or a faculty member. Faculty teams are encouraged to have at least one member of the team be a Duke student and teams that include one or more Duke students will be considered more competitive. Additionally, your idea must:
- Use mHealth and/or digital technology (mobile apps, sensors/wearables, data analytics, decision support tools, etc.)
- Aim to address a health-related problem, including mental health or disease prevention or health promotion
- Be intended for use by individuals (patients, consumers) and/or the health care providers in the service of patient care.
How it works:
Round 1: Apply to Swim with the Sharks!
Fill out the Shark Tank application! Applications are due January 28th by 5pm to mHealthatDuke@gmail.com
- A team of Duke faculty, staff, and student mHealth experts will review all applications
- We will choose the top 4 applicant teams to swim with the sharks (a panel of mHealth and/or business experts) at a public event the 4th week of March (23 or 24, specific date/time TBD)
- All applicants will have their team & idea added to a database hosted by mHealth@Duke, to share ideas and find others with similar interests.
Round 2: The Shark Tank!
- The panel of “sharks” will choose the best and most promising idea
- The winning team will be invited guests at the 2015 mHealth@Duke conference, and will be asked to give a short presentation of progress on their idea.
Questions? Concerns? Contact us: mHealthatDuke@gmail.com