Welcome to The MEMo!
The MEMo will be sent every Wednesday. Keep an eye out for PDC Announcements/Events, notes or updates from your MEM Staff, or other general tips to help you make the most out of your MEM experience.
Before we even begin with the MEMo information, the MEM Department would like to say thank you! Thank you for adjusting, pivoting, and jumping into this new MEM virtual community. So much has changed in all of our worlds and we would like to take this opportunity to say how truly special it is to be part of such a caring community. We fully recognize how difficult this has been and will continue to be. We ask that you check in with your friends, family, and neighbors. Ask for help when you need it – we are all here for each other! The MEM department and staff care deeply about each of you, the entire community, and keeping everyone healthy by social distancing.
MEM Zoom Office Hours (through Friday, March 20)
You could have a specific question or just want to say hello! Feel free to drop into any of the open offices. We also like to see your smiling faces!
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday (930 – 1030am) with Carolyn Gilbert (https://duke.zoom.us/j/2673830233)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday (1-2pm) with Tracie Foust (https://duke.zoom.us/j/5520783800)
- Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday (11am – noon) with Kelsey Liddle (https://duke.zoom.us/j/9201117655)
- Thursday, March 19 (2-3pm) with Dr. Fox (https://duke.zoom.us/j/9067628729)
- Friday, March 20 (10-11am) with Dr. Murray (https://duke.zoom.us/j/9728319466)
Update from Career Services
- Career coaching appointments have been converted to Zoom-only and students will receive the log-in information in the location field of the appointment. Students will continue to make these appointments via CareerConnections.
- We’re adding online Job and Internship Search Office Hourson a daily basis and students can see that information here. Students will see a list of upcoming office hours and that days link since we’re using our personal Zoom meeting rooms for these.
- Students who are part of a Search Work Team have been notified those will continue. If you interact with students who are active in the job or internship search and want to learn more about having extra support from staff and peers and more structure to their tasks, as them to check this They can apply to be part of the program and as space is available in the groups, we will welcome them in.
- We will continue to have these online resources custom designed for Engineering Master’s students available on Sakai.
Update from GCIP
GCIP is offering online communication coaching via their WCO platform. Please use the following link to reach the Graduate Communications Center for appointments or other questions: https://pratt.duke.edu/covid19/gcc-online
Staying Organized with COVID-19 Updates
If you email inbox is anything like mine, you probably have multiple long emails with lots of links and instructions pertaining to all the changes. You might find it helpful to create a new folder in your outlook and save all these emails in one place. Then when you’re looking for a particular resource (say from DVS or International House) it won’t take so long to find it. You can also bookmark certain websites to your browser to help stay organized too!
Fall 2020 Courses
Bookbagging is scheduled to open on Monday, March 23rd for the Fall 2020 semester. Questions regarding the process or courses, please reach Tracie Foust (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MQM & MEM Game Night – TBD
Stay tuned for a fun cross-campus game night (hosted virtually of course) in the next week or two. We’re all in this new space together so we might as well have some fun!
PDC Club Activities – transitioning to online
PDC clubs will continue with their events as they transition into virtual engagement. As the semester comes to a close, each club will be transition into a new leadership. Keep an eye out for updates from your PDC Presidents.
Stay well my friends! Hand wash, hand wash, hand wash!
Looking for MEMP academic forms? Check MEMP Sakai!
Looking to connect with other MEMers? Check Facebook!
Questions regarding academics – Your MEMP Academic Coordinator is Tracie Foust
Questions regarding student services – Your MEMP Assistant Director is Carolyn Gilbert
Questions regarding clubs or student engagement – Your PDC Board President is Aditya Ganti
Trying to stay organized? Subscribe to the MEMP Student Services & Clubs outlook calendar!