MEM Student Conference Reimbursement Policy
MEM will accept requests from students who wish to attend an external professional conference and receive up to $500 reimbursement for expenses incurred.
MEM Policy for Academic Year 2022 – 2023:
- Requests will be evaluated based on the student application and approved on a case-by-case basis
- Attendance by multiple students to a single conference will be limited to 5 attendees
- Support will be provided for a maximum of 15 requests each semester (Fall, Spring)
- Reimbursements are limited to one conference reimbursement per student during your time in the MEM program
- Upon return from the conference and prior to receiving reimbursement, the student must provide a post-conference summary regarding key insights, highlights, or takeaways from the event. Post-conference summaries may be used for MEM promotional materials
Eligible Expenses for Reimbursement:
- Virtual conferences – Conference registration fee
- In-person conferences – Conference registration fee, travel, lodging, and/or meals
- Within two weeks of conference, students must submit their post-conference summary and receipts to Rachel Mwombela.
- All reimbursements must include receipt documentation including: receipt of registration & this Form (see Instructions on how to complete the form)
- Reimbursements will be submitted in the order they are received and generally take 3-6 weeks to process*
*Student can expect significant delays in reimbursements during April – May months
- Students shall submit requests via the MEM Reimbursement Request Application
- The application must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the start of the conference; applications submitted after the conference will not be considered.
- Students will receive an official message indicating approval or denial from each application; approval messages will include next-steps for the student.
Any questions about the policy should be directed to Rachel Mwombela.