Hello Incoming MEMers,
I hope this email finds each of you well, we’re busy here at Duke getting prepared for your arrival! An important piece of your arrival to Duke and onboarding to the Master of Engineering Management program is the week-long programming called New Student Orientation.
By now, you should be making your way through the resources and video overviews in Orientation Part 1 (link to content).
New Student Orientation
New student orientation will continue with Orientation Part 2 hosted Monday, August 16 – Friday, August, 20. Content will be delivered in two formats:
- REQUIRED sessions (link to schedule) will be held on zoom. All new students must participate. These sessions are designed to help you be prepared and successful during your time with MEM.
- OPTIONAL sessions (link to schedule) will be held in-person, on campus. These sessions are designed to build community and a chance to meet your fellow classmates. If you are unable to attend or choose not to, you will not be held at a disadvantage. These are simply complimentary events to the required zoom sessions. All new students are invited, but given the circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic you must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Completed an entry COVID test with Duke (we ask that you test as early as possible and preferably 48 hours prior to attending your first orientation session)
- Have an active DukeCard to access the building
- We strongly encourage at least partially vaccinated status
- Mask required in all indoor space
Some sessions during orientation will require pre-assignments. Pre-assignment means you must complete the assignment PRIOR to the session. These sessions are:
- Clifton StrengthsFinder by Dr. La Tondra Murray (Email with directions will be sent to your Duke email by August 9)
- Case Study Methodology by Luis Morales (Please read this case prior to the session on August 16)
- In-person COVID related requirements: vaccination, entry COVID test / appt schedule , active DukeCard
You can also find all this information and more on the MEM Student Resources Site! https://sites.duke.edu/mgmt/new-student-orientation/
We look forward to welcoming you to Duke in two weeks!