MDAST (Malaria Decision Analysis Tool) runs on Analytica, an influence diagram-based decision analysis software published by a company based in California, USA Lumina Decision Systems.
Analytica Free 101, a free player to run Analytica models, can be downloaded by following the directions on this website: Free Player Download
Download Current MDAST Model File:
** (note: password required to open files)
To download the current version of MDAST, right-click on the link above and select “download” or “save as”. Save this file to your desktop or a location where you can access it, so that you can open it from inside the Analytica Free 101 Player.
- The zipped file contains Model Version 1.3 . This is a slightly updated version from the one which debuted at the MDAST Training Session at NIMR Headquarters in Dar es Salaam on December 5, 2014. It is calibrated to represent 24 villages in a rural, agricultural region of Tanzania (in 2014).
- You will need to enter the password to open the file. Please note that MDAST is not being made publicly available at this time except to those that have attended an MDAST workshop in the past. If you have attended an MDAST workshop but do not remember the password, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to be notified when MDAST becomes publicly available, please complete the following form: Click here for contact form
- For instructions on download, installation, and use of Analytica Free Player and the MDAST model, please continue to the MDAST User Manual.
Download Training Worksheet:
- This file (Word Document) contains a worksheet used during the MDAST training session in Dar es Salaam on December 5, 2014.
- The new user may find the example and suggested exercises useful in getting acquainted with the tool.