Student Organization

DukeLIFE Student Organization

DukeLIFE student organization officers, 2021-2022The mission of the Duke LIFE student group is to create and provide community space, resources, and advocacy for students on Duke’s campus who identify as first-generation and/or low-income. The organization aims to use the energy and creativity of its members to advocate for a Duke that is more inclusive, comfortable, and welcoming of the first-generation/low-income identity. These goals will be accomplished by hosting events focused on bringing the community together and creating identity development programs and activities relevant to the wants and needs of organization members and all First-Generation and/or Low-income students at Duke.

2023-2024 Executive Board

Co-Presidents:

Perez-Sanchez, Stephany Headshot

My name is Stephany Perez-Sanchez and I am a junior from Lancaster, SC majoring in Neuroscience with minors in Chemistry and Global Health. I will be serving as the Vice President of Low-Income Engagement. Outside of DukeLIFE, I also serve on the executive board of the Cardea Fellows program, volunteer at an outpatient mental health clinic for Latino families called El Futuro and enjoy spending time with friends around campus!

Jennings, R

My name is Randi Jennings and I am a co-president of Duke LIFE this year! I am from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and I am majoring in political science with minors in linguistics and education. In addition to being involved with Duke LIFE, I am part of the undergraduate Moot Court board, the Penny Pilgrim George Women’s Leadership Initiative, DSG Judiciary, and more. I look forward to advocating for the LIFE community this year.  

Treasurer

Lin Lin

My name is Lin Lin and I am a junior from Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania. I will be serving as Treasurer for DukeLIFE. I am majoring in economics with a finance concentration. Outside of DukeLIFE, I enjoy playing volleyball and hanging in the Duke Gardens with my friends.