- Give students a worksheet, on which you direct them to several different databases which you’ve selected. Select relevant databases. Leave room for students’ notes.
- Explain the worksheet, let students know when the exercise will end. Tell them to start.
- At the end of the time, discuss results:
- Invite students to talk about their discoveries
- As they describe the usefulness (or not) of a database, write criteria on the board
- If there are any criteria missing, add them to your list and explain them to students.