Originally posted on The Hill, November 25, 2015 The shootdown of the Russian Su-24 bomber by Turkish F-16s raises a number of critical issues under international law that the U.S. needs to carefully navigate....
About Maj. Gen. Charles J. Dunlap, Jr., USAF (Ret.)
Charles J. Dunlap Jr., the former deputy judge advocate general of the United States Air Force, joined the Duke Law faculty in July 2010 where he is a professor of the practice of law and Executive Director of the Center on Law, Ethics and National Security. Read more
- Autonomous Weapons: An Update
- Trump and the Military: Some observations
- An op-ed on “The Hill” for your consideration: “Why a Russia probe may make the left squirm, too, not just the right”
- Duke Law students lunch with the Nation’s senior military lawyer, LTG Flora Darpino
- “Cyber, Security & Surveillance” conference videos online!
- Civil-Military Relations
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law
- Law of War
- Legal Profession
- Military Policy
- Presidential Power
- Responsibility to Protect
- UN charter
- Use of Force
- War Crimes
- Weapons Ban
Subscribe to Lawfire
Receive email notifications when new posts are written.
Email us with questions or comments about the blog.