The LAMP Lab is a teaching incubator for the Thompson Writing Program and for faculty across Duke. Features include the following:
- LAMP Fellows Program: This two-semester seminar includes researching promising practices in fellows’ disciplines; designing and assessing teaching innovations in Writing 101; and sharing work publicly through blogging, faculty discussions, and Duke forums.
- Designing courses and assignments as a faculty learning community.
- Experimenting with teaching approaches and/or assignments that amplify one (or more) of the areas of emphasis for the LAMP Lab.
- Leading conversations about teaching and learning in the 21st century (within the TWP and across Duke).
- Collaborating with students and faculty to use evidence-based approaches to integrating LAMP into the TWP curriculum.
- Developing connections between our work as scholars and teachers.
Do you have questions about how the Teaching Incubator might assist you in assignment design, lesson plans, or curricular innovation? Please contact Jennifer Ahern-Dodson.