Home » Global Dimension

Global Dimension

I have developed a global dimension to my education through various exciting experiences, including presenting at research conferences, DukeEngage, and global health fieldwork. Interacting with scientists and clinicians at conferences has exposed me to the diversity of biomedical engineering research and enabled me to better understand how my current projects complement the work of others within the field of point-of-care diagnostics. Volunteering with Saath Charitable Trust in Ahmedabad, India through DukeEngage provided a platform for me to learn about challenges unique to India’s migrant labor population and analyze strategies used by the NGO sector to improving livelihoods in their communities. Finally, global health fieldwork in Monrovia, Liberia gave me firsthand exposure to the iterative process of bench-to-bedside translation of medical technology in limited resource environments.

For more details about these opportunities and how they have shaped my global outlook, click on the links to the left.