Interdisciplinary studies has been a strategic focus at Duke University for more than 25 years. (See Timeline: Interdisciplinary Studies at Duke.) The most recent strategic plan (2017) reaffirms that interdisciplinarity comprises an integral part of Duke’s identity.
Key documents in the development of the culture of interdisciplinary engagement at Duke include:
- Together Duke: Advancing Excellence through Community (2017)
- Interdisciplinarity at Duke: A Brief Inventory of Connections among Schools and University-wide Institutes, Initiatives, and Centers (2017)
- Interdisciplinary Studies at Duke: Context, Commitment, and Challenges (updated 2011)
- Strategic Plan for Interdisciplinary Studies (2010)
- Strategic Plan: Making a Difference (2006)
- Crossing Boundaries: Interdisciplinary Planning for the Nineties (1988)