Deadline: February 26, 2021
Interested in exploring new data-driven approaches to interdisciplinary challenges? Student applications are now open for this summer’s Data+ research program. The application deadline is February 26, but applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, so students should apply as soon as possible.
Data+ is a full-time ten-week summer research experience for undergraduates and master’s students. Students join small teams and learn how to marshal, analyze and visualize data, while gaining broad exposure to the field of data science. In 2021, the program will run from June 1 through August 6.
Data+ is offered through the Rhodes Information Initiative at Duke and is part of the Bass Connections Information, Society & Culture theme. See details and apply.
2021 Data+ Projects
- Agile Waveform Design
- Constructing Utopias in Restoration London
- Creating Artificial Worlds for Energy Access
- Data Visualization for Family Health
- Dashboard for Public Investments
- Detecting and Matching Similar Networks
- Ethical Consumption Before Capitalism
- From Farm to Fork
- The Impact of Virtualized Museum Collections
- Mapping the Trajectories of Duke Doctoral Students
- Mental Health and the Justice System in Durham County
- Modeling Microbial Growth and Resilience
- NLP in the Investment Office
- Pivers Island Coastal Observatory
- Predicting Baseball Athletic Performance
- Racial Disparities in the Child Welfare System
- Rainforest XPRIZE
- Rubenstein Library Card Catalog
- Understanding Voting Patterns and Interactions with Gerrymandering
- Visualizing Durham Public School Communities
- Web Attack Features
Check out the virtual Data+ Information Fair on January 29 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. EST. Register here.