Deadline: October 14, 2019
Applications are open for the Global Health Student Research Training Program, an intensive experiential learning program that engages second-year and third-year undergraduate students in the development, implementation and assessment of a community-based project. This year, students can choose from four projects in Honduras, India, Kenya and North Carolina. Applications are due October 14, 2019.
Working with a faculty director and a community partner, students will be at the center of global health challenges and have the opportunity to employ skills learned in the classroom in the community. Students will receive a grant to cover their fieldwork experience.
Students are expected to make a significant commitment to preparing for their experiential learning experience. This includes readings and background research, as well as taking part in:
- Biweekly meetings with faculty directors
- Predeparture workshops focused on project development and implementation
- Re-entry retreat focused on processing the experience
- Annual global health showcase.
How to Apply
- Choose a project location that interests you.
- Complete the 2019-2020 Application.
- Send a CV and a copy of your most recent transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: SRT Application).