Deadline: October 1, 2019
The Duke Environmental Impacts Fellow Program (EIF) is a new, professional development opportunity for Duke PhD students keen on making a high impact in their careers. This pilot program aims to fill a gap in traditional PhD training by providing an opportunity for students to consider the full variety of potential career paths they might follow, including nonacademic or nontraditional academic positions. The program will offer trainings focused on leadership, teaching, communication, and engagement to enhance students’ critical thinking and leadership skills. At the completion of the program, participants will have a broadened view of their career options, and be prepared to be thought-leaders inside and outside the academy.
Application and Selection Timeline
- Applications due: October 1, 2019
- Notification of selected fellows: by November 8, 2019
- Fellow acceptance: by November 15, 2019
- Announcement of fellows: Week of November 19, 2019
- Initiation event: November 21 & 22, 2019
- Program duration: January – December 2020
Students who have completed at least two full years of any Duke PhD program will be eligible to apply.
Go to the EIF application page at https://nicholasinstitute.duke.edu/eif/apply and follow instructions.