Deadline: March 18, 2019
The Duke Global Health Institute (DGHI) invites research proposals building collaborative interdisciplinary research between DGHI investigators and partners in India. Our goal is to enable investigators to leverage preliminary findings and pilot data to obtain larger awards of external funding.
Proposal teams must include at least one DGHI faculty, and one researcher from India. Proposals including two or more collaborating sites are encouraged. Proposals may include collaborators from other institutions as well. Junior faculty and faculty new to global health are strongly encouraged to submit proposals.
The budget may include: supplies; publication costs; salary support for technicians, research assistants, and graduate students; research related travel; and other justifiable research expenses. Faculty salary, travel to scientific meetings and indirect costs are not allowable expenses. Applicants may apply for up to $25,000 for one year. Smaller proposals for shorter periods are also encouraged.
Applications must propose global health work in India. Applicants should describe plans for how the results generated will be applied to obtain future external funding.
Cover page must include the following information:
- Proposal title
- Name, title, departmental affiliation, address, e-mail address, and telephone number of all proposed investigators
- Designation of a Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigators
Abstract (250 words maximum)
Research plan (3 page maximum – single spaced, 12 point font, 1” margins) including:
- Statement of scientific objectives and their significance
- Relevance to mission of the DGHI
- Applicability of project goals to India
- Proposed methods and plans for data analysis (specific details recommended)
- Work already completed related to the proposed work (if relevant)
- Description of the research team and research setting, including in-country collaboration plan
- Potential for future grant support
Appendix materials (1 page maximum each– single spaced, 12 point font, 1” margins) including:
- Research schedule and milestones
- Letter of support from a collaborating researcher/Institution in India
Budget and justification (1 page maximum)
Curriculum vitae OR NIH biosketch for each investigator including current grant support and limited to five pages for each investigator.
Please combine all required elements into a single pdf document and submit via email to email@example.com with the subject line of “DGHI India Pilot Grant Submission.”
Application receipt date: March 18, 2019
Project start date: July 1, 2019
We welcome the opportunity to answer questions from potential applicants. For advice about overseas sites where projects could be undertaken, linkages with potential overseas collaborators, advice on preparing budgets for international projects, and questions about biostatistical support, please contact: Kelly Deal, MPH, Assistant Director, Research Duke Global Health Institute, (919) 681-7159, firstname.lastname@example.org