Deadline: February 17, 2017
Do you have an amazing mHealth idea that will help close health disparities, globally or in the US? Then we have a competition for you!
Apply for a chance to pitch your idea to mHealth experts through the Shark Tank! The special topic is ‘Closing Health Disparities,’ and the team with the winning pitch will get exclusive access to content experts as well as consulting hours with software engineers and business/startup consultants. There will also be a cash prize of $1,000.
Goals of the Shark Tank
- To provide a platform for the Duke community to share innovative ideas in mHealth or digital health
- To give applicants useful feedback on their ideas/solution
- To advance mHealth research and/or practice at Duke
- Network with the Triangle mHealth community and
not be eaten alivehave fun!
To be eligible for this competition you must be a Duke student, faculty or staff member, or affiliate. Faculty/staff teams are encouraged to have at least one member of the team be a Duke student and teams that include one or more Duke students will be considered more competitive. Additionally, your idea must:
- Use mHealth and/or digital technology (mobile apps, sensors/wearables, data analytics, decision support tools, etc.).
- Aim to address health disparities, including mental health or disease prevention or health promotion.
- Be intended for use by individuals (patients, consumers) and/or the health care providers in the service of patient care.
How It Works
Round 1: Apply to Swim with the Sharks!
Applications are due February 17th by 5pm to mHealthatDuke@gmail.com.
- A team of Duke faculty, staff, and student mHealth experts will review all applications.
- We will choose the top 4 applicant teams to swim with the sharks (a panel of mHealth and/or business experts) at a public event the first or second week of April (specific date/time TBD).
- All applicants will have their team & idea added to a database hosted by mHealth@Duke, to share ideas and find others with similar interests
Round 2: Swim in the shark tank!
- The panel of “sharks” will choose the best and most promising idea
- The winning team will be invited guests at the 2017 mHealth@Duke conference, and will be asked to give a short presentation on their idea.
Questions? Concerns? Contact us: mHealthatDuke@gmail.com.