Deadline: October 15, 2016
The Steering Committee of the Africa Initiative wishes to announce a call for applications to fund small projects, events, and speakers organized by students in autumn 2016. We envision supporting a number of proposals in the $500-$1000 range that follow these guidelines:
- Projects must take place on the Duke campus or in the Durham community.
- Projects should be collaborative in nature, perhaps organized around a common theme (water, technology transfer, China-Africa) or as a way to develop new relationships across majors.
- Projects may take the shape of – but are not limited to – a speaker, workshop, reading group, service-learning event, or film showing. If the proposal focuses in these areas, at least a portion of these activities should be open to all members of the Duke community.
- Groups that propose projects can be solely undergrads, graduate students, or a combination of the two.
- All proposals must provide the contact information of at least one member who will act as the project lead.
Applications should be no longer than 3 pages, and include the following:
- A description of the proposed activity.
- The anticipated participants and outcomes of the proposed activity.
- A budget.
- A description of potential participant groups.