Deadline: November 4, 2016
Bass Connections provides up to $25,000 for team-based projects that engage faculty, undergraduates and graduate/professional students together and integrate disciplinary approaches around societal questions and challenges.
All Duke faculty, graduate students, postdocs and trainees/fellows are invited to submit proposals by November 4, 2016. Please see the RFP/proposal application for details.
A University-wide Initiative
- Predicated on collaborative and interdisciplinary inquiry, Bass Connections provides a distinctive new model for education that engages students in the exploration of big, unanswered questions about major societal challenges.
- Project teams are made up of faculty, graduate and professional students, undergraduates and post-docs; many teams also engage community partners or collaborators outside of Duke.
- Most project teams last for one year; some have a summer component.
Five Themes for Interdisciplinary Research
- Brain & Society
- Information, Society & Culture
- Global Health
- Education & Human Development
- Proposals will be accepted through November 4, 2016.
- Selections will be made by December 9, 2016.
- Projects selected may begin as early as Summer 2017 and must begin in the 2017-2018 academic year.