Deadline: October 30, 2015
The challenge is designed to help Duke’s entrepreneurship community flourish, with a year-long competition followed by an accelerator program.
- Grand Prize winner – $50,000
- Open Challenge Prizes – $10,000
- Top 30-40 Student Teams – $500 each for Round 2 demo / video (must complete Round 2 to receive money)
- Track Prizes
- AARP Foundation Prize – $5,000
- In the case that the Grand Prize winner wins a Track level prize as well, then that team will receive both the Grand Prize and the runner-up in the Track will receive the Track level prize.
- For students to be eligible for the prize money, they must be able to work full-time on their startup throughout the summer. They are not required to work from Durham.
There are two challenges that run in parallel:
- Student Challenge (winners selected, cash prizes)
- Open Challenge: for Alumni / Faculty / Staff and Students with non-student ideas (winners selected, separate pool of cash prizes)