The Quality & Innovation Scholars Program (QISP) is a unique six month long interdisciplinary, team-based practicum opportunity in healthcare quality improvement.
Each year after an application process, QISP scholars are paired with Duke University Health System faculty conducting forward-thinking Quality Improvement and Innovation work. In addition, scholars complete a formalized curriculum (IHI Open School Modules) and discussion sessions led by faculty members.
Examples of past project opportunities include:
- Standardizing Text Paging to Improve Physician-Nurse Communication: A Pilot Study
- Standardizing Protocols in the Duke Outpatient Clinic.
- Developing patient literacy evaluation processes
- Assessing the efficiency of primary-care-to-specialty-care referrals
- Creating pediatric care guidelines and improving adherence to evidence based care
- Reconciling quality indicators in surgery across multiple databases
- Developing a balance sheet of provider performance to improve efficiency in outpatient, underserved settings
Applications to the Quality & Innovation Scholars Program 2021-2022 are NOW OPEN!
Due Friday, September 24th, 2021 at 11:59pm
Please contact DukeIHI@gmail.com with any questions.