browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Strategies for I&E

During the Spring of 2019, I took the I&E Certificate’s keystone course, “Strategies for Innovation & Entrepreneurship” with Professor Kathie Amato. The course provided a broad introduction to business including valuation, strategy, marketing, and management, while providing opportunities for in-depth analysis with case studies of start-up companies. Throughout the course, I developed important skills that I will carry forward, specifically critical thinking and public speaking.

Here’s a look at the start my final reflection: “Entrepreneurs typically think it is all about the solution, their innovation – It’s not! It is all about the problem & the people facing it.” These are the first two lines of my Innovation & Entrepreneurship 352 notebook. Four months ago, I was first introduced to this concept, and the understanding that entrepreneurship must revolve around the problem, not the solution. It made sense that a solution should address a problem, but I discovered throughout the semester the importance of entrepreneurs really understanding the problems they are seeking to address.

Please take a look at my entire final reflection, as well as my biography I created upon starting the course.