browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Social Media Marketing Course Artifacts

For each social media marketing module, students conducted case studies for a particular individual or company on a designated platform. This enabled us to apply the knowledge we had acquired to a particular area of interest.

In our personality marketing unit, we focused on how celebrities use their social media to provide entertainment or cultural value. Because of my interest in politics, I selected Joe Biden, who is renowned for his tenure as Senator, Vice President, and memes with President Obama. I was curious to learn about how he uses Twitter to advance his personal and political brand.

Link to Presentation: Joe Biden Twitter

In our influencer marketing unit, we looked at how influencers use their social media to provide educational value. Rather than taking the traditional route of picking someone who teaches a particular skills or lifestyle, I selected Van Jones, who is known as a social justice advocate, environmental justice champion, and political commentator. I was interested to see how he uses Facebook to build his credibility and direct people toward his work.

Link to Presentation: Van Jones Facebook

In our corporate marketing unit, we explore the ways in which companies use social media to provide value to their customers, clients, and partners. For some, this means providing funny or controversial content and engaging with followers. For others, this entails portraying your company as a good place to work and highlight how your work is making the world a better place. I chose to focus on the second objective as it is exemplified by CH2M Hill, a global engineering firm dedicated to solving the world’s natural resource and infrastructure problems. I was interested to see how they use LinkedIn to connect with prospective employees, clients, and other interested individuals.

Link to Presentation: CH2M LinkedIn