In January 2019, I became an Opinion Columnist for The Chronicle, Duke’s independent student newspaper. In my column, “The Optimist,” I discuss challenges we are facing on campus and share potential solutions that everyone can contribute to. I hope to make students at Duke more compassionate, curious, engaged, and authentic. We have the opportunity to strengthen our university, support our community, and make our world a better place; I aim for my writing to advance this goal.
- Recognizing the entire Duke community—including staff – November 7, 2019
- How you can act on climate change, today! – September 26, 2019
- The Duke buffet – August 28, 2019
- Empathy in the face of tragedy – April 22nd, 2019
- Don’t let schooling interfere with your education – April 2nd, 2019
- Being honest, spreading kindness – March 4th, 2019
- A call for community – February 18th, 2019
- Fight intolerance by embracing diversity – January 29th, 2019
Before my tenure as a columnist, I submitted multiple letters-to-the-editor regarding environmental and political issues. Here are the links to these articles.