How To Do Really Well
Organic Chemistry 1 is the first semester of a 2-semester lecture/ lab sequence designed for Chemistry & Biology majors at Saint Mary’s College. This is a challenging course that will push you to the limits and challenge you to improve critical thinking and problem-solving skills using a new language – organic chemistry.
Features of CHEM 221 include:
If you are a student in organic chemistry, there are several resources that will help you succeed! Below are some recommendations. I want you to do well, so please follow this advice!!
- Use your professor! Click here to make an appointment with me with google calendar!
- Use your textbook! Its important to read your textbook. The most critical thing you can do to succeed in this course, is to DO PROBLEMS!!!
- About those problems…. do them!! Lots and lots of problems! Your goals should be to do every problem in each chapter. (Seriously…this is why I recommend up to 3 hours of practice per day!)
- To help you keep accountable for doing problems every day, sign up for and use our course on Sapling Learning!
- Use the lecture videos to help you learn the material.