Virginia Tech has launched a new Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship program that will prepare postdocs for the next step in their careers, providing a two-year appointment with nationally competitive salaries and benefits.
There are three proposal review cycles in 2022, with proposals due for review May 15, July 15, and Nov. 15. The program will continue in 2023 with cycle application dates to be determined.
Fellowships will be awarded in two tracks, each welcoming diverse applicants from various fields:
- Research Frontiers
Postdoctoral fellows selected for the program will receive:
- Two-year appointments with nationally competitive salaries and benefits
- $10,000 for training and professional development-related expenses
- Mentoring and professional development support
Eligible postdoctoral applicants:
- Must be no more than three years past earning their Ph.D.
- Must expect to complete their Ph.D. prior to the start of their fellowship
Interested applicants should identify a Virginia Tech faculty mentor (see non-exhaustive list of interested mentors here) to work collaboratively on a three-page proposal for submission prior to one of the cycle deadlines: May 15, July 15, and Nov. 15, 2022.
Proposals will be evaluated on:
- Ability to build towards Virginia Tech research presence and portfolio in goals for the track
- Ability to enhance research and scholarship of the faculty mentor
- Ability to enhance the professional development of the postdoc
- Qualifications and the ability to diversify Virginia Tech’s research enterprise
For questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.