The Academic Guides Program, which is part of the Office of Undergraduate Education, is looking to hire a graduate student to support our social media and marketing efforts for Spring 2022. Students can find the description at Duke List.
Job Title: Graduate Assistant, Media and Marketing manager
Department: Academic Guide Program
Organization: Office of Undergraduate Education
Supervisor: Debbie Hughes, Senior Academic Guide
The Academic Guide Program is recruiting a graduate student to manage the Academic Guide Instagram and Facebook accounts and to support marketing and communication efforts.
Manage Academic Guide social media accounts
- Create content that promotes undergraduate student learning strategies, well-being, and familiarity with university resources.
- Amplify work done by partners in similar domains.
- Attract followers and heighten familiarity with the Academic Guide Program.
- Generate interest in student engagement around Academic Guide services.
Support general communication efforts
- Offer recommendations for campaigns and promotions in service to the program.
- Design flyers for quad-specific programs
- Assist in video production/editing, website design and content development.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
- Skilled with Instagram, Facebook, and other popular forms of social media and ability to use these resources to communicate effectively with undergraduate students.
- Familiarity with Wordpress and web design.
- Proficient with Canva, Adobe Spark, or similar products.
- Experience working with highly diverse undergraduate students.
- Incorporates an anti-racist and anti-oppressive lens into work responsibilities and processes.
- Experience working directly with and elevating the ideas of people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to serve as an advocate for individuals of all backgrounds.
Rate: $15 per hour
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Renewable each semester
To apply, email Debbie Hughes, PhD, MSW, Senior Academic Guide, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The program is looking for a student to start in February.