– Are we facing a trend of rising statelessness (in/voluntary)? If so, what does that mean for the Global South? Does this mean that the Global South is always escaping the strictures of the Global North?
– How and where do we see this happening in the Global North?
– Does anyone succeed in “regulating” these spaces?
– What are the ways militaries have interacted with stateless populations and refugees? Which of these are valid? What roles have they not yet played that they should? What roles should they relinquish?
– What does it mean for the Global North to grant you access as a refugee?
– Who bears responsibility for refugees? What forms of contract do & do not protect the stateless?