Submitting a proposal?
Contact the GIM Grants and Contracts Administrator, Ginger Robinson in DoM-RA for your proposal and grant related needs. It’s important that you reach out to Ginger in advance as noted in the Proposal Review and Submission guidelines. For more information, please review the information below in DoM-RA and ORA.
Need help identifying research staff, or determining which staff to include in your proposal?
Contact Tara Strigo, Dir of GIM Research Programs.
Need help obtaining statistical support for your proposal?
Contact Dr. Jane Pendergast, GIM Biostatisticis Core.
GIM Facilities and Resources
Download the GIM Facilities and Resources document that you can include in your proposal submission.
Department of Medicine Research Administration (DoM-RA)
The DoM Research Administration (DoM-RA) helps investigators navigate the research process. Their website provides information on:
- Concept Formation
- Proposal Development
- Proposal Review & Submission
- Award Notification & Acceptance
- Award Management
- Award Close-out
Deadlines (standard funding cycles for some of Duke’s most common funders)
Institutional Facts (DUNS number, tax status, insurance information, taxpayer ID, F&A rates, fringe rates)
GIM Department of Medicine Research Administration contact
GIM Grants and Contracts Administrator Ginger Robinson
Office of Research Administration (ORA)
The Office of Research Administration (ORA), is responsible for supporting investigators and administrators in the School of Medicine and the School of Nursing by managing externally sponsored research projects through the pre-award process. Their website provides information on:
- Duke Reference Data (standard reference information for forms and applications such as congressional district, EIN/TIN, DUNS, regulatory information)
- Pre-Award Grants Administration
- Award Management
- Important Forms E Update
Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) exists to perform the post-award administration of sponsored projects by:
- preparing financial and other non-scientific reports to sponsors on sponsored projects,
- monitoring for compliance with sponsor and Duke requirements,
- assuring reimbursement of project expenditures,
- providing training and support to departmental administrators,
- coordinating award documentation and approval processes with two pre-award offices and other Duke service departments, and
- answering questions and providing information to sponsors and Duke personnel in a prompt, accurate and cordial fashion.
OSP performs these duties and responsibilities in order that it may safeguard project funds, maximize Duke’s cash flow position, maintain good relations with sponsors and Duke personnel, and be viewed by principal investigators and departmental administrators as facilitating the progress of the sponsored project.