NEW JUNE 30, 2018 TRAINING DEADLINE FOR ALL DUKE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE FACULTY AND STAFF ENGAGED IN RESEARCH
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
All Duke School of Medicine faculty and staff engaged in research (i.e., they Design, Conduct, or Report on research projects) are required to complete Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training no later than June 30, 2018. This includes anyone who is recorded as:
- Key Personnel on an active or pending project in SPS
- Key Personnel on an active or pending IRB protocol
- Key Personnel on an active or pending IACUC protocol
- Compensated from a fund code with a Research Attribute in SAP
- Room Occupant in space (wet or dry) that is coded with a “research” function in WebCentral
Options for meeting the training requirement:
- CITI Duke RCR Online Course
Complete online training modules. Click here to learn how to complete these modules.
- RCR In-Person Workshops
Attend an interactive workshop between now and June 2018. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED due to availability of seating. Workshops will be held approximately monthly beginning February 23rd. Click here to learn more and to sign up for the workshops.
- Online RCR Self-Assessment
There are 2 self-assessment options available on the SOM RCR website, one for Faculty and one for Staff: Either self-assessment is estimated to take 25-35 minutes to complete and if a person achieves a score of 90% or higher, then that person has completed the RCR requirement for the June 30th deadline.
- Registering Previous Completion of Duke RCR Programs
Persons who have completed Duke RCR programs within the past two years can fill out an online form to receive RCR credit for their participation. Click here to visit the SOM RCR website to see which Duke RCR programs currently qualify and to access the link to the online form.
For more information, visit the SOM RCR website