- Duke Pratt in Costa Rica, Summer 2018
- Description: As part of the inaugural class of this summer program, I travelled to Costa Rica to take classes in Spanish and engineering, perform exploratory research, and learn about social, cultural, and environmental issues in the country. For my final cultural project, I chose to document and explore the background of some of my favorite graffiti works from the capital city of San José.
- GC Connection: Costa Rica’s development in recent years, while similar in some respects to the United States, does represent an overall different trajectory in terms of both technological advancement and social impact. Learning about the country’s relationship with its environment and energy consumption through the in depth cultural experiences I had over the course of this program provided valuable insight into this unique development story.
- Supervisor: Dr. Robert Malkin
- Start Date: July 2, 2017
- End Date: August 12, 2017