We are always excited to hear from prospective students who are interested in being involved in the Duke MBA Net Impact Club. Please see answers to frequently asked questions below and watch our in-depth information session online (also viewable from our homepage).
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the membership of Fuqua’s Net Impact Club? Net Impact Club generally has 325-375 members annually, comprised of students, faculty, and staff.
- Who joins Net Impact Club? We welcome anyone and everyone with an interest in learning more about social impact and sustainability issues. Our signature events, Day in Durham and the Sustainable Business and Social Impact Conference (SBSI), attract students from all backgrounds with a wide variety of exposure and interests within the social impact and sustainability space. Our most engaged members tend to be students with experience in social impact and sustainability, as well as those without experience but with a profound interest in learning more or pursuing a career in these areas.
- What are Net Impact’s major program offerings? We provide programming around career, community building, social impact, and sustainability to individuals within our club and the larger Fuqua student body. Our major programs include Day in Durham and the Sustainable Business and Social Impact (SBSI) Conference. You can learn more about all of our offerings here.
- What kind of leadership opportunities exist within Net Impact Club for MBA students? There are approximately 30 positions on the cabinet, consisting of both first-year and second-year students. While specific positions shift slightly from year to year, responsibilities include event planning, marketing, fundraising, and collaboration with other campus groups.
- Does Net Impact Club collaborate with other professional clubs on campus? Yes! Net Impact Club works closely with other professional clubs to bring collaborative, cross-sector events to the Fuqua community.