The vision of Duke Fuqua’s Association of Women in Business (AWIB) is “Helping Women Succeed in the Business World.” We are a professional development club for Fuqua students that provides career support, promotes connections among the community, and raises awareness of the unique issues and challenges that women face in the workplace.
Duke Fuqua’s AWIB plays a leading role in:
- Recruiting the next generation of women leaders at Fuqua — we host an annual Weekend for Women for prospective students, as well as create Women’s programming during admitted students Blue Devil Weekend.
- Developing a community for women within Fuqua — we connect students through creating programming such as “Dinner with Six Strangers” to provide opportunities for women to build ties with each other.
- Promoting Health and Wellness — we find fun and unique ways to stay healthy and engage with our community by planning events like “Goat Yoga at Hux Family Farm” and “Sync Studio Spin Class.”
- Helping women at Fuqua achieve their professional aspirations by connecting them with recruiters who support female talent — we consistently have a full calendar of events in collaboration with employers searching for female talent.
- Leading conversations in the Fuqua community about women in business — we have established meaningful ways for male allies to engage with AWIB through a variety of events, including hosting a Male Ambassador Program-led discussion of the gender climate at Fuqua.