I wanted to share the summer intern position at Vimeo with you. As we discussed previously, feel free to send students you think are interested in the tech world/in house position my way. They should fill out the application below.
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving,
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We are looking for a summer intern to assist members of Vimeo’s Legal Department, which is responsible for: providing legal and strategic advice to the company and its subsidiaries, corporate governance, drafting and negotiating contracts with third parties, managing Vimeo’s legal compliance programs, litigation, intellectual property, privacy, and regulatory and government affairs. The summer intern will work primarily with attorneys who are responsible for business transactions and privacy.
What you’ll do:
Among other things, the summer intern will be expected to:
- Research legal issues and draft memoranda
- Assist with the drafting of certain contracts or contract templates
- Spearhead at least one designated legal/compliance project
- Assist with pro bono work
What we’re seeking:
- Students enrolled as 1L or 2L at an ABA-accredited law school
- Strong academic credentials and excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as exceptional research skills
- An interest in practicing in a corporate/in-house environment, particularly one involving technology or the Internet
- Initiative and ability to work in a self-directed manner as well as a member of a team
This is a paid internship. Because we do not hire new attorneys each year, we cannot commit to any post-graduation placement.
While we offer competitive compensation, we don’t provide accommodation. Please ensure you are interested in an internship in New York City under these circumstances before applying.
Our healthcare providers care for us in our times of deepest need. Traditionally, technology vendors have fallen short in caring for them. Physician burnout is at unprecedented levels, and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems tend to be unintuitive, static, and scattered.
Wellsheet envisions a much different future, one in which providers make decisions with a comprehensive view of relevant information, structured precisely for their needs. Predicting providers’ information needs is a tremendous technology challenge, only possible through exceptional engineering and design talent, the latest advances in machine learning, and partnership with EMR vendors. Wellsheet brings these together to deliver the first comprehensive workflow support system that learns and anticipates providers’ needs.
Given our SAAS-based business model, Customer Success is absolutely vital to our long-term profitability. As such, we need a talented intern to support our senior executives in driving success for our health system customers. This role includes responsibilities for Customer Success activities (e.g., on-boarding, support, services, adoption, advocacy, retention, etc.) and outcomes (e.g., renewals, up-sell, etc.). This role would be working directly with our executive team, reporting to our Chief Medical Officer, to drive growth and product adoption within our customer organizations. This is a paid position.
- Implement Customer Success processes including Onboarding, Training, Customer Support
- Align with Executive Team around key metrics and objectives
- Establish system for tracking key Customer Success metrics
- Foster a company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Support create company-wide customer feedback loop
- Special projects designated ad hoc by senior management
- Ability to thrive in high-paced startup environment with rapid iteration on ideas and execution
- Tendency to innovate and think independently to realize novel solutions for challenging problems
- Demonstrated interpersonal and analytical skills
- Can pay meticulous attention to project detail (e.g. planning, executing and monitoring) without losing sight of context within broader company and client strategic initiatives
- Growth startup and/or consulting experience preferred
- Familiarity with financial modeling and/or SAAS metrics a plus
Contact: Please direct inquiries and application to Dr. Chuck Perry at email@example.com
Hello! My name is Andrea Miranda and I am a Recruiter at Kabbage. Our CTO, Jim Chou, received his MBA from Duke and is currently on the Board of Advisors for CEI. We are very familiar with the caliber of students that come from Duke and are looking forward to seeing the impact you will make at our company!
Kabbage, Inc. pioneered the first financial services data and technology platform to provide fully automated funding to small businesses in minutes http://bit.ly/KabbageInForbes. We’ve revolutionized the FinTech industry and are excited about expanding our product line in 2019. This summer we are looking to hire interns across all of our departments to help with these new initiatives.
About the Sprouts
Kabbage’s Brussels Sprouts Internship Program (BSIP) matches students with departments at Kabbage based on their skills, knowledge, and interests. This is a nine-week paid internship with positions available in Atlanta (HQ), New York, and San Francisco. Juniors and seniors in undergraduate programs, graduate/MBA, and postgraduate students are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via our careers page at http://bit.ly/KabbageBSIP. Under “How did you hear about this job?” type “Duke Intern Rodeo.” Deadline to apply is March 1, 2019. For more information about Kabbage, check out our website and culture video below.