We are a team of technologists creating a modern software platform for building payroll products. Our APIs automate every step of the complex process required to get people paid for their work. With Check, every developer has access to a world-class payroll backend.
Our team lives in New York, San Francisco, and Atlanta, and we have previously worked for companies like Google, AppNexus, Signpost, and Namely. Our CEO previously co-founded Oyster (acquired by Google), where our CTO was also an early employee. We are backed by Bedrock Capital.
We are looking for a software engineering intern who can join us this summer and make a huge impact on the development of our company.
You are a builder who is excited by the prospect of solving large technical problems to empower developers and ultimately help thousands of businesses and employees handle payroll more easily. You also have a large appetite for learning, both about software engineering best practices for building modern APIs, as well as the operational side of handling payroll on behalf of many companies simultaneously. Finally, you’re curious to see what life is like at a small, quickly growing startup.
You are a rising senior at a 4-year college or university majoring in Computer Science or a related field. You have completed one software engineering internship before. Ideally, you have production Python experience.
You are willing to live and work in either New York, NY or San Francisco, CA for 12 weeks during the summer of 2020.
What you will do
You will report to and work closely with a senior software engineer at Check. Over the course of the summer you will:
- Build core functionality in our backend and frontend to support powering payroll for thousands of companies simultaneously.
- Deploy applications to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Learn how trillions of dollars in wages get paid annually to employees in the US.
- Learn about venture funding, sales, and product-market fit from the co-founders of Check.
How to apply
Please send your resume, along with a short paragraph about why you’d like to intern at Check, to email@example.com. We will be in touch!
About this Job
Seeking a highly entrepreneurial current undergraduate student for Summer 2020 Internship in our Berkeley, CA location. This is a paid position, with a minimum 8-week commitment during Summer 2020. Additional opportunity to work remotely in semester immediately before or after the internship. Work may include financial analysis, marketing, business development, product management, analytical exercises and other business projects.
FoamOrder.com is a leading eCommerce destination for consumers looking for foam cushions, covered cushions, 100% organic latex mattresses, and other foam products. While the company has been in existence for roughly 20 years, the current owner purchased the company from the founder 2 years ago, and is pursuing a new growth path. We currently have <20 employees, and serve customers around the world via our website, and do all of our own manufacturing in Richmond, CA.
Sample projects might be:
- Conduct business segment financial analysis to determine profitability by channel
- Analyze our past purchase data to determine which types of customers are buying which products
- Helping us develop our social media presence to drive more customer engagement and sales
- Completing purchase requisitions or RFPs from potential customers to help drive product sales
- Helping to design, place and analyze customer surveys
- Work on launch of new marketplace/lead-generation website to drive new revenue model
- Help with competitive positioning of our 100% organic latex mattresses in the consumer market.
You will be working for the President/Owner of the company, who will provide mentorship and help you learn while you help to grow our business.
Berkeley (Richmond), California, United States
This is a paid summer internship with a weekly salary. Additional opportunity to work during semester before or after the internship.
About this Job
Seeking an entrepreneurial new or recent college grad to be the “right-hand” person to the owner and President of our Bay Area (CA) company. This is an outstanding opportunity to work directly with the owner of this small consumer eCommerce and manufacturing company. You will learn about all aspects of the business, and get excellent general management, business development, operations and marketing training and experience. Training and mentorship to be provided by the business owner. This role offers a rare opportunity for a young person to gain exposure to every element of this small, growing company, and to have a real impact on company progress and growth. Projects will include business development initiatives, financial analysis, operational analysis, marketing efforts and much more.
FoamOrder.com is a leading consumer and B2B eCommerce destination for those seeking foam cushions, covered cushions, 100% organic latex mattresses and toppers, neoprene, and other foam products. We serve customers around the world via our website, and do all of our own manufacturing/fabrication in our facility in Richmond, CA.
Sample projects might be:
- Pursue new lines of business through industry research, marketing and outreach. Pursue and respond to inquiries from potential customers to drive sales revenue
- Analyze past purchase data to determine which types of customers are buying which products
- Conduct fixed and variable cost analysis to determine business line profitability
- Help develop our social media strategy and presence to drive greater customer engagementand sales volume
- Manage our Amazon and other online channels of business with responsibility to grow revenue through creative ideas and solid execution
- Design, place and analyze customer surveys
- Conduct competitive product and price analysis and evaluate competitive positioning to influence company pricing and product strategy
- Evaluate opportunities to make our manufacturing process more efficient via new equipment purchases or changes in operational procedures.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics:
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Eager to explore growth opportunities and try new things.
- Comfortable finding their own way with limited direction or guidance.
- Comfortable in less structured or uncertain environments.
- Able to adapt easily to change.
- Proactive and opportunistic.
- Will independently seek to learn all aspects of the business, and will continually strive to identify new opportunities across multiple dimensions of company operations (marketing, finance, operations, new business development, etc.).
- Ownership Mindset: Will approach the business and its challenges as if they are an owner, and will consistently look for opportunities to improve all aspects of the business.
- Independent: After initial training period when work will be closely directly by company President, able to develop an increasingly independent work mindset and drive projects and work products independently.
Ideal Candidate Skills:
- Strong selling/business development skills.
- Able to do internet/industry research to identify potential customers by industry, and to network or cold-call to those potential customers to solicit company relationships.
- Excellent analytical skills. Comfortable with data, financials and analysis. Excellent excel
skills. Able to take incomplete or imperfect data and turn it into analysis that can help the
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills. Ability to interact with many different types of employees and customers successfully, from our warehouse workers to corporate customers.
- Graduating college senior or recent graduate (1-4 years) with relevant internship/work experience, especially in small business or internet/ecommerce/manufacturing
- Small business experience a big plus
- Comfort with online research, extensive use of internet and social media a plus
- Strong analytical skills. Proficient in MS Excel and other analytical resources. Ability to work with an manipulate large data sets with use of tools such as pivot tables, lookup functions, etc.
- Preference for engineering degrees, but open to all fields of study
Richmond (Berkeley area), California
Pay Rate: Based on Experience
Duration: Expected to be a minimum of 2-years. Owner looks forward to working with someone who can be with the company for the long term. However, if candidate intends to move on after a few years, owner will be happy to network for the candidate to help them find their next position or graduate program.
Company Size: 10 – 20 employees
Industry: Internet & Software industry, Manufacturing Home Design/Decor
Company Type: eCommerce/Manufacturing
Headquarters: Richmond, CA
Contact Information: Please send resume and cover letter to business owner at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Kleiner Perkins, a world-leading venture capital firm located in Silicon Valley, just announced that they are now accepting applications for the 2020 KP Fellows Program (Product, Design, Engineering) and we’d like to share this opportunity with you. The KP Fellows Program is a unique, career-defining opportunity for technical students who are interested in pursuing technology, entrepreneurship, design and startups. Engineering and Design Fellows work with one of our company partners over the summer where they develop and hone their technical skills and are mentored by an executive within the company. Product Fellows will spend a full year working with one of our company partners.
The program offers:
- Meaningful experience at one of of our company partners like Slack, Airbnb, Pinterest, and Robinhood
- Founder speaker series with portfolio CEOs and executives
- Entrepreneurial workshops with partners at Kleiner Perkins
- Community events like sailing to Angel Island, Kayaking, Paintballing and more
- An alumni network of 500+ up and coming tech leaders across product, design, and engineering
- An opportunity to receive $100K for entrepreneurial endeavors through our investment program
Applications for the 2020 KP Fellows Program are open now and close October 6th, 2019 at fellows.kleinerperkins.com.
I hope you’re doing well! I wanted to pass along a new opportunity that could be interesting for Duke students, in particular for seniors. Would you mind sharing?
Goldman Sachs announced today the launch of the Digital Innovators Research Program to support curious and talented engineers in their explorations of the intersections of technology and financial services. You may have seen some of the press on this launch in the Wall Street Journal and CNBC.
The Digital Innovators Research Program is a year-long initiative in which engineers from outside Goldman Sachs use Marquee APIs and datasets. Selected researchers will pursue projects of interest to institutional clients, potentially addressing needs around Data Visualization, Machine Learning, Mobile, and more.
Applications opened today and will close May 31. More information about the application process can be found onhttp://www.gs.com/digitalinnovators.
The program will run from September 2019 through August 2020.
Feel free to share the below attached flyer with anyone that may be interested in applying and submitting a proposal.
Digital Innovators Research Program
- Degree in a technical field, such as computer science, math, statistics, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Passion for technology and applications in financial services; previous experience conducting financial or technical research is a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Availability to execute project on a full-time basis from September 2019 – August 2020
SUMMER/CO-OP INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY WITH ABRANOVA REAL ESTATE
Abranova Real Estate is a full-stack construction development company. The core mission of the company is to democratize real estate development by providing investment opportunities to everyone through our real estate crowdfunding platform. Our investors are families; professionals; businessmen and equity institutions, just to name a few. We indulge our passion for data analytics, simulation technologies and construction management to handpick and develop the most profitable real estate deals in the city. We shoot for projects that are not only profitable, but also transform the landscape of our cities and enrich people’s lives.
We’ve recently been successful in crowdfunding and completing a $2.5M subdivision completion project that’s based here in Durham. With our formidable team of Duke Engineers and MBAs, we’re already gearing up for our 2019 project, a $16 MM mixed-used development dubbed Nova RTP. Groundbreaking this year will be the first phase, a $10 MM contemporary smart-townhomes community. Fully integrated with smart appliances, AI, electric car charging stations, and so much more! The city of Durham has never seen anything like it before.
We’re looking for entrepreneurial and well-rounded engineers, finance, marketing and other talented interns who believe in the mission of democratizing real estate development to bring more value to society and enrich people’s lives. There’ll be opportunity for tremendous learning experience related to construction, finance, marketing, software and sales – to name a few.
For more information on the details of the internships, pleas contact us –email@example.com
Looking for talented frontend developers to work on an innovative social media app that focuses on online privacy and free speech. Super flexible work environment. Competitive pay. Potential equity upside in the project. Work with veteran Internet entrepreneurs and developers. Email/message me if interested or know of people who would be interested. firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Talented iOS/Android Developer!
Life is too short, so you obviously want to work on products and technologies that matter 🙂
Ideally, your code will help change the world for the better, it will power products used by millions of people and it might even make you rich beyond your wildest dreams! Ideally…
Realistically, what we can offer you with certainty is:
- An exciting and challenging project that combines online privacy, freedom of speech, and the blockchain, three of the most important topics for the future of the Internet
- A flexible work environment tailored for all female/male/non-binary individuals who like to work smart, collaborate, create, learn and get things done, all this with a great attitude
- Competitive pay with an opportunity to get unique upside in our project
- An opportunity to work with veteran Internet entrepreneurs and developers
We are developing an innovative social media app that focuses on free speech and privacy, enabled by the blockchain. In this digital surveillance economy, we see ourselves among the last guardians of free speech and privacy, so it will help if you have somewhat of a libertarianand egalitarian streak. But if you don’t, that’s OK. Since we’re about free speech, wewelcome every opinion and every type of competent and driven individual, we also love originals and social misfits 😉
It would be awesome if you have a proven app development track record like this:
- Successful software development experience and iOS/Android skills development
- Have published at least one original iOS or Android app
- Hands-on experience with iOS and Android SDKs
- Experience with storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, APIs/SDKs,unit-testing, REST APIs, JSON
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Come meet our fun, iconoclastic and ambitious team, led by a very successful veteran Internet entrepreneur! Our team is not afraid to undertake major development cycles to have significant social impact. Join our cause (or at least come check it out)
Please email Antoine Toffa at email@example.com or text at +1-303-475-2526.
My name is Brian and I graduated from Duke in 2017 with an MBA from Fuqua. I currently help run Max Levchin’s venture studio, HVF Labs. HVF launches companies that begin as in-house experiments. Some companies started at HVF include Yelp, Affirm, and Glow.
We’re looking to hire full stack engineers who are experimental, creative problem solvers. We have positions open for internship and full time.
Students with an interest in starting companies, running experiments, and have a demonstrated passion for building things should apply. Previous engineering internships, hackathons, or a portfolio of your own projects help us get to know more about your technical background.
To apply, reach out to bernert@hvflabs with the subject: Duke HVF. Include a copy of your resume and any relevant links (projects, github, etc).
I look forward to hearing from you,
Datavant is hiring for great software engineers, summer interns, and superstar generalists. Check out the specific opportunities below or see all our openings here.
Datavant is based in San Francisco, where we work to connect the world’s health data. By eliminating silos in health data, Datavant aims to reduce the cost of the drug development process and help providers deliver better care. Founded in 2017 by technology and healthcare veterans, we’ve raised $40M, built an ecosystem of over 100 partners, and have rapidly grown our revenue in our first year of operations — and have big ambitions ahead.
What’s Special About Datavant?
We’re building a world-class team with a growth-focused culture – from day 1, you will own a big project or challenge. We invest in mentorship and guidance so you can climb the learning curve quickly and maximize your personal growth rate. Datavant is the ideal early career setting to help you learn, stretch into big responsibilities and work alongside smart, nice, and effective professionals.
We’re hiring to fill the following key positions
1. Software Engineering (Full Time)
2. Software Engineering (Internship)
1. Leadership Rotational Program
2. Chief of Staff to the CEO
We’re looking forward to seeing your applications,
The Datavant Recruiting Team
Metalytics is a cutting-edge early-stage company combining advanced technologies, software, and services to improve synthetic biology and pharmaceutical biomanufacturing productivity and hence profitability. We provide tools and expertise in the field of metabolic flux analysis (MFA) to measure and understand the dynamics of intracellular nutrient utilization, metabolic efficiency, cell growth and recombinant protein assembly. We are currently seeking an intern to join our business development team to grow our portfolio of industry contacts and customers.
The ideal candidate will be in an MBA or related program, preferably with some experience in the life sciences, and a strong desire to contribute to the growing success of a dynamic company. More specifically, we are seeking an individual who is skilled in navigating company and contact databases, identifying potential leads and prospects using platforms such as LinkedIn and other public sources of company and contact information. This position is home-based and flexible with regard to number of hours required per week. This is an unpaid internship, but presents a valuable opportunity to gain significant business development experience that will enhance your resume, and also may potentially lead to a paid position at some point in the future.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.