Marketing Manager & Event Coordinator
Voyij is hiring a Marketing Manager & Event Coordinator in a seasonal cruise town in SE Alaska to oversee and manage daily logistics of a live promotion event with a well-known international jewelry brand and The Iditarod Trail Committee.
Our Marketing Manager & Event Coordinator will be the primary contact and onsite host for a 16-week fully marketed in-store experience featuring Iditarod puppies and a photo booth area in a high-trafficked retail location, with the primary responsibilities of overseeing the entire marketing and execution of the event, per the event schedule, and liaising as an official representative of Voyij with the Iditarod, local mushers and puppies, the retail community, and cruise guests.
The ideal candidate is organized, dependable, and enthusiastic, and possesses excellent communication skills and multitasking abilities, and loves talking with new people in a retail sales environment.
• Operate an organized and fast-paced live promotion event several days per week with Iditarod puppies and a well-known retail brand inside retail brand’s Skagway, Alaska store
• Coordinate with local musher and puppies the event schedule for the week
• Provide daily event setup and breakdown
• Serve as a photographer and event professional during the event, including answering all guest questions to a high professional standard
• Perform additional event marketing duties, including local PR and distribution services
• Be a well-informed rep for Voyij’s product offerings and services and perform other Voyij responsibilities with self-initiative as required
• Interest in travel and living in Alaska for the summer
• Unparalleled communication skills, including prompt attention to phone/email, personable in a retail setting, detail oriented, and organized
• Maintain an engaging and positive attitude with guests and strive to deliver a level of service and professionalism to the standards of all parties
• Energized to contribute meaningfully to a small team in a fast-paced startup environment
• Flexibility and willingness to take on additional responsibilities outside of original job description
• Undergrad or grad student enrolled in University degree program or recent alumni or other working professional
• Customer service oriented with prior experience in a sales role or event management position
• Comfortable operating a camera with lighting setup, and emailing event photos to guests via standard email platform
• Passion for travel, Alaska, the cruise industry, service and hospitality, or startup roles
• Likes dogs, a plus
• Start/end dates: May 15 – September 15
• Hours: part-time, roughly 20 hrs/wk with opportunity to discuss additional work functions, if interested
• Compensation: paid, based on experience; housing allotment; travel allotment included
• Location: Skagway, Alaska
Voyij is a travel tech startup, an online marketplace that helps travelers buy products from local businesses on Alaskan cruise vacations, and eventually other remote destinations. We help travelers book local tours and shop online from local stores. Our mission is to help vacationers plan and book the best trip, focusing on connecting travelers to local, trusted owners offering quality experiences.
Backed by founders born and raised in a small cruise town in Alaska with a lifetime of industry expertise and a core team with experience at: Duke University, MBA, Microsoft, Citigroup, Time Inc., Zillow, .406 Ventures, and Duke Angel Network, Voyij is pioneering travel technology as the first platform to combine tours, shopping, and eating all in one convenient location.
How to apply for this role:
Please draft a cover letter that shares your interest in Voyij, any prior, relevant experience, and why this particular role is an ideal fit for you. Bundle that with your resume and send to Olivia Klupar, Founder & CEO, at email@example.com. We are looking forward to hearing from you!