Hi, I’m Ed Pettiss (Duke ’73), looking for summer interns to work with the RTP Capital angel investment network.
RTP Capital is a strong network of about 60 accredited angel investors in the Research Triangle. The group functions as a forum to facilitate collaboration among its members for potential investment opportunities and is not an investment fund. The group’s mission is to encourage active participation in early-stage capital investment in the Southeast, especially North Carolina and adjoining states. With over $10 million invested by its members since 2012, RTP Capital was listed as the most active southeast angel network in 2017. RTP Capital will co-host the Southeast Regional Meeting of the Angel Capital Association in September 2019. We provide education to our members and guide and mentor start-up founders. We work closely with other angel networks and funds.
During the internship, the candidate will be responsible for conducting first-pass screenings, conducting due diligence on startups chosen by members of RTP Capital, reviewing pitches, mentoring startups, doing in depth financial analysis of company viability, and general diligence. The candidate will probably assist our members in planning and coordinating the Southeast ACA Meeting. The position is designed to be for the benefit of the intern, with real-world training similar to MBA level Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship classes, with regular assignments and feedback.
An ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting with both founders and investors, proficient in working with detailed financial projections, and must be willing to learn in a high-paced environment.
- Student studying business/finance (current MBA students preferred)
- Strong connection/interest in entrepreneurship
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum 30 hours/week
- You will be expected to attend RTP Capital screenings and monthly meetings held at the First Flight Venture Center
- This position is Unpaid, but meets the U.S. Department of Labor’s criteria for Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- The internship will run from May/June- August/September 2019 (depending on availability/school conflict) with a minimum of 10 weeks and maximum of 13 weeks.
How to Apply: Email Ed Pettiss (email@example.com) with subject “Summer Internship 2019”. Please include your resume.