This position is:
Students string together Instagram, Venmo, and personal connections to launch their business without the right resources. Dime is the marketplace solution for Gen Z and student businesses to thrive. Our vision is to create a community and ecosystem to propel the creator economy. We successfully launched at Duke University and have ambassadors represented at USC, Emory, and UChicago. We currently have about 20 clients on our platform, and we are a rapidly expanding startup!
Accounting and Financial Specialist Role:
Dime is currently hiring a graduate Accounting and Financial Specialist who will be working with us for the Fall 2022 Semester, and who can join us for future semesters conditional on superior performance.
– Analyze Dime’s financial information and keep accurate records of all of the company’s outgoing and incoming payments
– Ensure the company’s financial statements are up-to-date and accurate
– Handle any bookkeeping in an organized and structured manner
– Communicate with clients to ensure payments are received on time
– Present a financial report to the Dime executive board at the end of the semester
– Be a motivated person who would like to work closely with members of the Dime team to make an impact on the Gen Z startup community!
– Be detail-oriented, organized, and an effective communicator
– Have prior experience with Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
– Have at least 1 year of prior finance and accounting experience
– Have strong time-management skills and be able to dedicate up to 5 hours to Dime weekly