Social Media Marketing Intern
Who We Are
Hydrean is a pioneer in the intersection of tactile mindfulness and mindful jewelry. We’re on a
movement to help people reclaim their attention so they can focus on the people and things that
truly matter. The Hydrean was designed and patented by world-renowned artist Michael Kliën
(Professor at Duke University) and has successfully piloted with Duke’s Kenan Institute of Ethics
across a group of students as an overall initiative to promote awareness and skills for purposeful
living. We are a start-up based in the Research Triangle Area in NC and are looking to accelerate
our growth in the next couple of years.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a creative and driven Social Media and Marketing Intern to help drive the
strategy, creation, development, and implementation of marketing campaigns across various online
channels. You will be working in a small and nimble team, and directly with the founder(s) where
your input can truly make a difference. You will need to wear many hats, work smart, and iterate
quickly. You will be expected to consistently deliver and you like to be challenged by the
What You Will Do
● You understand the fundamentals of a social business, and are driven to promote the values we
● You will understand and inform marketing direction through extensive market research and
● You will create original marketing campaign proposals, review with team, and iterate based on
● You will execute on approved campaigns and have ownership over the results you deliver;
● You will continuously monitor your campaigns’ KPIs, strategize on ways to improve cost per
acquisition across various channels;
● You will work collaboratively to lead initiatives that promote organic growth over paid
● You will work with the team to research, propose, partner, negotiate, and maintain key
relationships with inﬂuencers in the market.
Who You Are
● You are working towards a Bachelor’s, MS, or MBA degree in a related ﬁeld;
● You work smart, and can think creatively around obstacles you’ve encountered every step of the
● You possess the entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an
innovative and fast-paced environment;
● You are willing to roll up sleeves and get the job done;
● You possess a “can do” attitude.
● Hands-on training and mentorship from leadership
● Unparalleled opportunity to drive the creation and execution of marketing campaigns from
scratch (under proper guidance and supervision)
● Potential to create a category-deﬁning consumer product
● Remote-ﬁrst work culture
We encourage interested undergraduate students to get in touch with us – this is the time to be part of a founding team and develop and shape the growth of a new company.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Runbin Dong @ email@example.com.