Enterprise Strategic Research Opportunities and Participant Engagement Internship
This is an opportunity for an enterprising student to gain on the job experience to continue building on a chosen career in healthcare. This role supports the Enterprise Strategic Research Opportunities and Participant Engagement (ROPE) department in Research Administration for the newly integrated Atrium Health and Wake Forest Baptist Health. In following the Enterprise mission to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing for ALL, the primary goal of ROPE is to create the strategic connections that increase patient access to innovative therapies with potential to improve quality of life.
- Assists with research projects, investigations, data analysis, and other projects.
- Assists with data collection, database development and management, and report development supporting research administration programs.
- Helps create reports, PowerPoint presentations, and summary tables.
- Applies excellent written and verbal communication skills to share and gain information with relevant roles within the Enterprise, with research sponsors, and with the public.
- Work requires walking, sitting, and working at a computer. Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 pounds, shoulder height. Ability to work remotely or on the Winston-Salem campus. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Excellent planning, prioritizing, oral/written communication, interpersonal, and problem- solving skills required.
- Familiarity using databases is required. REDCap database skills a bonus but not required.
- PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Web research skills are required.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member and ability to respond creatively to a rapidly changing environment required.
I recognize this is a late call for a summer internship. Thinking this could be an opportunity for that student who may have a commitment that fell through- unfortunate situation that I understand has been more prevalent in the current climate. I am hoping to get some projects started as soon as possible. The internship can end when the student preps for onset of Fall Semester or could continue with fewer hours through Fall Semester. Here is the application link.