Company Description: Theia is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to inspiring and empowering the next generation of women entrepreneurs and investors in healthcare. We’re building a platform for young female students and professionals to gain a framework for company building and to connect with experienced entrepreneurs and investors in healthcare. Our resources are available on our website, social media platforms (e.g., Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn), and major publishing platforms (e.g., Spotify, Apple Podcast, Medium).
Position: Community Engagement Manager
Timing: Start ASAP
● Opportunity to be part of a team of women passionate about healthcare and with a strong desire to mobilize women to tackle healthcare’s biggest issues
● Build your network within the healthcare space with access to female healthcare leaders across all verticals, e.g., biopharma, health tech, policy
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Oversee our networking forums on Slack and LinkedIn by:
○ Posing and answering questions to generate discussion
○ Posting interesting articles
○ Making warm introductions between members of the community
● Create community events (e.g., office hours, meet-in-greet, happy hour / dinners)
● Pursue collaborations with other female-focused healthcare/business groups
● Capture, organize and synthesize community member sentiment and develop actionable insights to share with the team
● Take part in weekly meetings with the broader team and provide input on the future of the nonprofit
Ideal Job Skills & Qualifications:
● Understanding of Slack and other tools that enhance community engagement
● Experience applying a range of community engagement and facilitation techniques
● Experience in event planning
● Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
● Proven knowledge in and/or background in healthcare – undergraduate major in sciences OR MD and/or PhD candidate OR healthcare consulting or finance experience
● Passionate about our mission to promote and support female entrepreneurship in the healthcare space
● Team-oriented, highly motivated, willing to commit to long-term position
Note that this is an unpaid opportunity.
Email Shabnam Eghbali (email@example.com) with any questions.