Business Development Analyst
Reports to: Chief Business Officer
Office: Cambridge, MA. Candidates need to reside in the Greater Boston area or be willing to relocate there before starting; must have U.S. Citizenship or Visa
Citrine Medicine is a therapeutics platform company dedicated to improving the lives of rare disease patients by making diagnoses and essential treatments available. Cofounded by Eight Roads Ventures, F-Prime Capital, and Vivo Capital, Citrine’s goal is to enhance public awareness of rare diseases, help improve screening efficiency, early diagnosis, and provide full disease treatment management of patients with rare diseases in China. With offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Beijing, and Shanghai, China, we are growing rapidly and to help us with this growth, we are adding a Business Development Analyst to our Cambridge office.
More About this Role:
This position is the right-hand person to the Chief Business Officer and U.S. President of Citrine, partnering with them to plan, manage and conduct activities to provide business intelligence support for business development and portfolio management decisions at Citrine. The analyst will lead initiatives to analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources. This role is perfectly positioned to gain exposure to a high growth cutting-edge rare disease transaction company, to see how it all comes together, and to play a material role in serving unmet patient needs.
Why is this role potentially just right for you?
If you are looking to be part of team-building strategic transactions that creatively put together financial backing with great science to serve patients with rare diseases, we’re looking for you in a full‐time capacity. This is an incredible opportunity to get front-line experience in deal negotiation and due diligence.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for forecasting and financial modeling to support portfolio management and business development opportunities.
• Take a lead role in all analytical aspects of epidemiological assessment, market landscape forecasts, forecasting, and financial modeling.
• Bring expertise or identify subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret and produce recommendations and plans based on company and external data analysis.
• Partner with our China-based team to confirm market assumptions or country-specific insights.
• Manage market research, physician experts, and 3rd party vendors to validate the market potential of portfolio and business development investments in the US and China.
• Provide insights to the business by providing data-based strategic direction to identify and addressing business issues and opportunities.
• Analyze and present various types of data and process in professional settings
• Ability to analyze secondary data to inform decision making including pricing, reimbursement, statistical data, epi data.
• Participate in diligence teams to validate business assumptions and deal structure.
To do that you will need…
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business preferred. MBA a plus.
• Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical business, process and activities, and life sciences experience a plus.
• 3 – 5 years of experience in data analysis (primary and secondary data sources), modeling and analytics experience. Strong understanding of discounted cashflow modeling and solid understanding of how income statement, balance sheet and cashflow statements are connected.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to ascertain the relevant issues from large masses of information.
• Ability to think and act efficiently under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills.
• Experience and effectiveness in developing presentations of written and oral business cases to the most senior management.
• Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• A flexible, team orientated attitude, willing to contribute own skills to deliver CITRINE priority projects.
Prior experience that would be successful in this role.
An experienced Business Development Analyst from an investment banking, private equity/venture capital or consulting background would be helpful.
Business Development Analysts in the life science space who want to break into the industry and who are team players wanting to gain valuable inside industry experience are open to apply for the role.
What is our culture?
We have a high-performance culture that rewards creative solutions to daily challenges. Citrine offers a good work-life design at the perfect intersection between investment banking and a start-up life sciences company.
How much could someone earn in this role?
Our company has a multi-part compensation structure:
• Competitive base salary based on experience
• Every person at Citrine has goals and will be eligible to earn a bonus based on exceptional individual and firm performance that encourages both accountability as well as teamwork and helping to grow the overall business
• We offer a great competitive Total Rewards package
For More Information: