Position: Communications & Content Coordinator
Greenlight Ready is actively recruiting team members for Spring 2021 to work part-time or full-time (preferred) on their Communications team. This will be a remote position with some responsibilities including (but not limited to) managing the Greenlight Durham and Greenlight Ed newsletters, developing webinar materials, preparing outreach and marketing materials, and initiating outreach with potential customers, partners, and community leaders.
We also want to highlight that joining our startup means gaining the opportunity to actively participate and engage as a critical stakeholder and member of our Greenlight Ready team. You will not only be responsible for the listed activities above but will have the chance to provide creative input on our product/services, redesign company processes, and become an innovator as you help tackle some of our society’s most pressing problems. You will also gain exposure and experience navigating public and private partnerships as we work closely with Duke University, city and county officials, and state officials.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Provide brand stewardship through all marketing and communications activities
- Write press releases and media pitches
- Broaden awareness within our market and target audiences
- Seeking/have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work regular business hours (i.e. 8 am – 5 pm EST)
- Speaks multiple languages (i.e. Spanish)
- Experience with digital design/content creation
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple communication channels
- Experience with social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Organized, task-orientated, and self-driven
- A strong communicator
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite tools
Greenlight Ready is a start-up founded as a way to build on the success of Duke Health and Duke University’s fall COVID mitigation plans and bring those learnings and technology to local schools and businesses. The company is overseeing and expanding two lines of work: a small/local business-orientated branch and a more education-orientated one. We have brought together infectious diseases specialists and educators to design policies that reduce onsite transmission, a technology to track symptom onset, and community resources to help individuals impacted by the virus.
- Expected to be around $15-$25 per hour
- Gain experience working for an impactful startup with a driven and growing team
End of January – end of May
Expected to work around 8 am – 5 pm EST Monday through Friday
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume to apply for this position by January 22nd @11:59 pm EST. Please also forward any questions or concerns to this email address.
Additionally, we will be asking applicants to complete a small project to showcase your creativity, knowledge, and communication skills. The project will involve creating an informational brochure for the general public about COVID-19 vaccines. We will provide you with resources to guide your content. We are not looking for complete accuracy (that’s why we have physicians on the team!)—what we would like to see is your knowledge base on topics relevant to our work and the ability to produce engaging, creative material that is accessible to the lay audience. We will provide you with more information upon receipt of your cover letter and resume.