Spring Strategy and Operations Intern
Cyber Assessments, Inc. d/b/a VisibleRisk
VisibleRisk is a joint venture between Moody’s Corporation and Team8 Ltd. focused on the creation of a standard cyber risk rating that seeks to establish a common way for Board directors and business executives to understand and communicate about cyber risk exposure with a focus on financial metrics and benchmarking. The company is based in New York City but has personnel working remotely in a variety of cities on the East Coast of the U.S. and an office in Tel Aviv, Israel.
VisibleRisk is currently looking for a Spring Strategy and Operations Intern to assist the executive team with a diverse set of project tasks ranging from market and competitive research, to preparing a document suite for RFP purposes, to strategic financial analysis and preparing investment materials. The internship will be virtual.
This position will have significant senior exposure and will work directly with the CAO, Director of Corporate Development, and Sales Director to develop strategy, product plans, and improve operational efficiency. The Spring Strategy and Operations Intern will be joining a lean and growing startup, so he or she will need to thrive in a fast-paced and complex environment, be organized and detail oriented, and maintain a can-do attitude with a willingness to pitch in wherever needed.
Due to the nature of this work, a substantial commitment to the internship is required (15+ hours per week).
Duties & responsibilities:
• Working with executives and internal resources (including VisibleRisk’s technology team in Israel) to refine the documents, materials, and processes used to set strategic direction and convey our business plan to external parties
• Evaluating product development and strategic opportunities to prioritize options and inform product roadmaps
• Assisting with documenting information security protocols followed by the company
• Conducting market, competitive, and customer research to assist with internal decision making
• Pitching in to help with operations and other related business tasks on an ad-hoc basis as need arises
• Keeping in touch, actively engaged, and detail oriented so as to produce quality work and update management. Regular communications and check-ins will be expected.
• A bachelor’s degree (or current enrollment with less than 12 months to graduate), ideally in business, marketing, economics, math/stats, data science, cyber security or other quantitative field
• Desire and ability to work autonomously and juggle multiple projects at once
• Enthusiasm for a fast-paced startup environment
• Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), & general web research.
• Strong decision-making skills supported by research/quantitative reasoning
• A high degree of emotional intelligence, tact, patience, and detail orientation
• Experience with strategy, consulting, finance, or business operations preferred but not required
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the position to Michael.H@visiblerisk.com, with “Spring Strategy and Operations Intern” in the subject line.