Embarc – Chief Technical Officer
Who We Are: Embarc is a running technology company with an all-Duke founding team. We generate running routes wherever our athletes are based on their preferred distance, elevation, terrain, and more to challenge and inspire them to explore their communities by foot.
Additionally, we’re building a component of our app that will apply this standalone route generating technology to prepare our athletes for upcoming races. We’ll analyze a runner’s upcoming racecourse, identify its challenging features, and then create a training plan for the runner featuring custom routes in their community mimicking the course. This precise training helps runners reach peak potential on
race day regardless of where they’re located. For example, if you’ve signed up for the SF Marathon, Embarc will generate routes in your surrounding community that will help you prepare for the hilly portions of the course—particularly miles 13-19 through Golden Gate Park.
Job Description: Embarc is looking for a Developer willing to take on a high responsibility role in helping to build and maintain our back-end code. Your initial projects will include improving the speed of our route generating algorithm as we move to a compiled language and maintain our large mapping data systems. Moving forward, you will play a key role in storing mission-critical training plan data! At Embarc, we value accountability and communication, both of which are incredibly important for remote work. If you’re a self-starter that wants to take on a rewarding, challenging role, please get in touch! This position will yield significant equity compensation.
• Assist in converting our complex route generating algorithm to a compiled language (Rust or Golang).
• Maintain Embarc’s mapping data systems.
• Build back-end structures to support our personalized race training plans.
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience working in Rust or Golang
• Knowledge of microservice architecture
• Interest in working with map data
• An interest in running—whether you’re a casual recreational runner or a perennial Boston Qualifier, we want you to have a connection with our athletes!
If you are interested in this role, please email Kevin Cergol at Kevin@embarcfitness.com!