Graphic Design Intern (Remote Work)
Internship | Unpaid, Part-Time
Aristotle’s Cafe was created to help people connect, think critically, and practice democratic dialogue. Since 2005 we have had the chance to hold over 1,000 face-to-face discussions that matter with over 10,000 people across 3 continents. In this position, you will work directly with our Founder, Hassan Ghiassi (Have a look at his TEDx Talk to find out what he thinks about empathy).
We’re looking for undergraduate and graduate interns who are eager to contribute to a growing organization and develop a range of skills. The Aristotle’s Cafe team is made up of volunteers spread across the globe. Meaning your efforts will impact professionals in the US, youth in Iceland, leaders in Thailand, women in Myanmar, and beyond.
In addition to experiencing the day to day of a growing organization, we dedicate time to focus on different areas of your professional development. Some examples of past professional development sessions include: LinkedIn tips and tricks, resume and cover letter help, digital marketing training, identifying and developing personal narratives, and general interviewing (both job-related and informational).
This is a virtual internship. All internships are unpaid, but once you become a part of the team, our network is your network.
Duration: 3-6 Months
Interns will be exposed to:
- Small business owner’s needs for marketing
- Graphic Design best practices
- Customer Service practices
- Digital Marketing and Networking
- The inner workings of running and scaling a successful business
- Building and designing cohesive material for an online course platform
Responsibilities & Learning Opportunities:
- Create graphics and marketing materials
- Develop and monitor activities on social media
- Create graphics tailored to our target audiences
- Design landing pages that are on-brand and fit with our web style
- Learn WordPress best practices
- Learn to work in MailChimp’s platform
- Create supporting graphics and training materials for workshops and online courses
- Learn to create social media graphics in Canva
- Assist with the creation of social media assets including social feed images and Instagram stories for clients
- Follow a marketing calendar in order to meet deadlines to ensure content is created on time
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must have expertise in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Must have an understanding of basic typography, color, usability and other design principles
- Familiarity with social media best practices and platforms
- Experience with content creation a plus
- Must have a strong desire to learn and take in feedback
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills, highly organized and eager to learn the basics of Marketing & Design
- Must be working towards a degree in or be insanely passionate about Graphic Design, Visual Design, Communication Design or similar field
- Ability to take direction well, work independently and be a self-starter
- Familiar with DropBox, Google Suite and Google docs
- Must have your own computer to work on
- Ability to complete multiple tasks under tight deadlines and receptive to feedback.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should apply via email at email@example.com with the subject line “Graphic Design Intern (Remote Work) + Your Name” please include a cover letter, resume and 2-3 work samples or a link to portfolio.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The employer reserves the right to modify, change or add to the duties of this job description at any time. The intern understands and acknowledges that this position is terminable at will at any time by Aristotle’s Cafe. All client’s names and contact information remain the property of Aristotle’s Cafe and cannot be taken or used. All graphics, photos, videos and proprietary information remains the property of Aristotle’s Cafe and cannot be used for other purposes other than approved portfolio display.