About The Massapequa Tutor
The Massapequa Tutor (TMT) is a K-12 peer tutoring company founded in 2016 based on Long Island, New York. Our mission is to exceed parents’ expectations of a tutoring session through the use of young, personable, and engaging tutors who not only help their students perform academically but also act as peers to inspire their students to achieve greatness. Our core values include Commitment to the customer, Attention to detail, Convenience, and Passion. We specialized in one-on-one subject tutoring and SAT/ACT group classes, as well as hold group classes for major exams.
We’re currently undergoing a huge pivot to change the way peer tutoring occurs and our company operates, and we’re looking for engineering talent to help us craft an innovative solution. You will not only be building but helping shape our product strategy and contribute to our vision.
- Full stack development experience, preferably with the following environments & languages: React, Typescript, C#, ASP.NET Core, MariaDB, ElasticSearch, AWS, GitHub, Swagger API
- Willing to work in an agile environment
- Be able to devote at least 10-20 hours per week on this role
- Be able to think strategically, analytically, and creatively
- Be an immaculate communicator
- Be incredibly organized
- Passion about this position and our mission
- Be able to prioritize well
- Be radically transparent
- Be humble
- Passion about the problem
- A great attitude – no “brilliant jerks”
- A growth mentality – nobody knows everything, it is what you do when you don’t know something that matters more
- Independent thinker – no “yes men”
- Ownership over problems – we are the antithesis of a bureaucracy
- Customer obsessed
- Team player – We>I, always
- Long-term focus
- Highly flexible – we will likely have to pivot more than once, so buckle up
- Bias towards action
This is an equity-only position, with compensation expected to be between 7.5-15% on a typical four-year, one-year cliff vesting schedule. We have not raised any funding yet, but in the event of a capital raise, there is an expected amount of dilution to bring on the investors and an option pool. The value you bring to the team and the progress we make will boost the valuation to offset this 🙂
Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so reach out early!
The next steps would include a technical and behavioral interview.