Paperplane Financial, Inc. – Software Engineering Intern
Paperplane Financial serves as a platform offering Income Share Agreements, a private sector loan alternative, to students in the effort to solve the student loan crisis with a simple and innovative approach. We are looking for talented and motivated Computer Science or Engineering students with programming skills for our engineering team. As a Software Engineering intern, you will be responsible for designing, building, testing, and deploying new products and services in a fast-paced, iterative development environment. Over the course of the Fall, we will be building out our website and integrating with cloud-based software. This represents a unique opportunity to help lead the digital strategy efforts of an innovative startup in the FinTech space.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Backend implementation with AWS (Node.js).
- Potential for additional responsibilities as the company evolves
Requirements & Qualifications
- Located in Durham for the duration of the Fall
- Able to work at least 10 hours per week
- Willing to learn new technologies as the company evolves
- Enrolled at Duke University for the duration of the Fall
- Comfortable with in-person meetings during the Fall
- Knowledge of one of the following programming languages: C, Java, Python, Swift.
- Prior experience with backend providers (AWS, GCP/Firebase, Azure)
- Sense of humor; good interpersonal skills
- This is an unpaid position, but you have the immediate opportunity to jump into an impactful role with a high ranking title
- Opportunity to stay with the company past the Fall as a true employee if it’s a good fit